It’s been over 6 months since I’ve written in my blog and a lot has happened. After chatting with my friends over wine last week they convinced me that I should make it a priority in my life again. I took up my blog to work on my writing skills and of course to document all of my running and training. So here I am. My goal is to post at least once a week again. So to bring you up to speed on my life (at least running wise) here are the highlights from January through August 2013.
- I was out of my walking boot within a few days and fully mobile just a week after my surgery
- I walked A LOT in February. As a runner, going out for a casual walk is not the easiest thing. I traveled to San Diego for work in February and my favorite thing to do when I visit a new city is to run, and I couldn’t, so I went out for a walk to see the city.
- My adorable and sweet nephew was born on February 26th – he’s brought a lot of joy to our family and I’ve been lucky to visit him in March and July!
- I started running again on March 1st – it was a very exciting day! It also was REALLY hard! I ran 3 miles that day.
- I signed up for the Portland Marathon two days later. 🙂
- I ramped up my mileage slowly in March and April and was running 10+ Miles on weekends in May
- I turned 30 on April 29th, a pretty big milestone. I celebrated with my parents and friends who surprised me with a great dinner followed by drinks. It was a wonderful weekend!
- I ran my first 10k in over two years on Memorial Day weekend. I ran a 49:56 – a new PR for me!
- On June 8th, I ran 10.3 miles of the Lake Tahoe Relay with 6 other women from my running club. 7 of us ran 72 miles in 11:05:39 in nearly 90 degree heat! It was hot and exhausting but a total blast!
- On June 16th, I ran my first half marathon in over 7 months! I ran the first half of the SF Marathon. It was a tough race, very hilly. I finished in 1:45:59.
- I traveled back to Maine/NH/Boston for the 4th of July and spent two weeks back East. My family ran our annual 5k. It was 88 degrees with 100% humidity at the start, it was my slowest 5k in the last few years. Ugh. On a more positive note my little sister surprised me and ran her first 5k that day, I was so proud of her!
- I ran over 148 miles in the month of July. (My highest mileage month since October 2010)
I am running pain-free after my surgery, it’s wonderful! I am getting very excited for the Portland Marathon in October and looking forward to the Disneyland and Nike Women’s halfs coming up this fall!